Home | About
What we do
About our Daycare
At Little Stars Early Learning Center we combine Reggio Emilia and Montessori method of learning. The two approaches are different yet their synthesis creates an educational method that best develops the whole child. We chose Montessori as it is based on self directed activity, hands on learning and collaborative play. Children make creative choices in their learning while the classroom settings and the educators offer age appropriate activities to guide the process. Children work in groups and individually to discover and explore knowledge of the world and to develop their maximum potential.
Reggio Emilia approach views young children as individuals who are curious and are capable to construct their own learning. Children learn best when they interact within their communities and they have the right to express themselves the way they want to. Educators at our centre are co learners and co constructors of knowledge and the “environment acts as the third factor”.
At Little Stars Early Learning Center we chose a combination of both theories to create the best possible learning environment for children.
The program at our daycare is child centered and interest based. The educators learn along with children and observe their interests and make changes to the environment as needed. Child has the freedom of choice between activities and what materials to use. Respect for the child is an integral part of our philosophy and here at Little Stars Early Learning Center we respect every child’s thoughts, desires and opinions.
We Work to Understand Your Kids Needs
- We strive to set a standard of excellence in all areas of childcare. We not only strive to meet the standards set by child services, we rise above, each and every day to be a center of quality care in all areas of childcare and child development. We provide a child-centred, safe, caring and nurturing environment that encourages, stimulates and fosters a child’s self-esteem, natural curiosity, imagination and growth.
- Each child’s individuality is respected and valued as an important contribution to our center and the daily experiences. Children are encouraged to explore and learn at his or her level and pace with the guidance and loving support of our qualified caregivers.
- A play-based, imagination oriented approach to children’s learning and development is the basis for our program planning and delivery of activities. Children use play and imagination to explore their environment, understand and make sense of their feelings, and develop their verbal and social skills.
- Our programs encompass the whole child as we strive to support each child’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative growth. As part of a group, the children learn the importance of cooperation, problem solving and sharing. At the same time, we encourage each child to express their individual ideas as we work to promote their self-esteem and independence.
- The children are encouraged to explore creatively, ask questions, make independent choices, and learn through play in a supportive and caring atmosphere. Each room is designed to offer a variety of centers with countless opportunities for the children to grow in each of these areas.
Little Stars Early Learning Center:
- is proud of the work we do and the services we provide. We are respectful of the trust invested to us by parents / guardians. We believe our first obligation is to protect the physical, emotional and social well-being of each and every child. Our objective is to help each child build strong foundations, which will support their healthy development, both as individuals and as members of their community.
- Staff at Little Stars Early Learning Center are highly qualified trained and have years of experience working in the childcare. All of our staff have a recent criminal record check and first Aid certificates. Each year our staff attends number of workshops to improve the skills that they already possess Our staff is always available and open to discuss your child’s needs and progress with you.
Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 6:00 pm
280 Pioneer Road, Suite 220, Spruce Grove, AB.
Call : +1 780-977-7294
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org